Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® (HPwES) Program can help you save money and contribute to your family's health and safety—all while increasing the durability of your home, maximizing your energy efficiency, and improving your comfort.
Energize Delaware’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program takes a whole-house approach to improving your home’s comfort, energy efficiency, durability and safety. Rather than focusing on a single problem, such as an inefficient heating and cooling system or drafty windows, the program looks at how improvements throughout your home can work together to make your entire space more comfortable and energy efficient, and save you money.
Benefits of Participating
- Get a comprehensive home energy assessment—plus a variety of energy saving products installed—for just $100 (up to a $600 value including direct installs at assessment).
- Delaware homeowners can recieve an instant rebate for 75% of the cost, up to $300, for a Home Performance Energy Assessment.
- Significant rebates to offset upgrade costs
- For low-interest loans, up to $30,000, at 5.99% APR for terms of up to 10 years, are available to qualifying homeowners for energy saving improvements. Apply online or call (877) 453-2327. For more information, download our Home Energy Efficiency Loan Program Brochure.
- Enjoy improved comfort, increased energy efficiency and lower monthly energy costs after your home energy assessment and completion of the recommended home upgrades.
Your participating contractor will use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and may conduct special tests to identify the energy-saving improvements that best fit your unique home and budget:
- A blower door test uses the combination of pressure and airflow measurements to calculate your home’s air leakage.
- A thermographic camera uses infrared sensors to assess the effectiveness of your home’s insulation. This evaluation also helps identify air leakages throughout your home during the blower door test
- Combustion analysis detects inefficient equipment that may need service or replacement. Various safety tests detect carbon monoxide and/or gas leaks in your home.
During the assessment your contractor or Energy Advisor will provide and install the up to $200 worth of energy-saving measures in your home at no additional cost (with your permission). These measures include the following:
- Energy-efficient light bulbs, with options for dimmable, candelabra, and globe
- Faucet aerators
- Efficient-flow fixed showerheads
- Water heater pipe insulation (installed on hot and cold pipes for four feet from water heater, as accessible
Sign an agreement with the contractor you have selected. If needed, an Energize Delaware Energy Advisor can help you review the agreement before signing. Your contractor will then submit your rebate application with a copy of your signed agreement to begin the rebate incentive application process with Energize Delaware.
The contractor will install the contracted energy efficiency improvements then perform final safety and health tests. You and the contractor are required to sign a Certificate of Completion. At this time, payment for services is due to your contractor.
For low-interest loans, up to $30,000, at 5.99% APR for terms of up to 10 years, are available to qualifying homeowners for energy saving improvements. Apply online or call (877) 453-2327. For more information, download our Home Energy Efficiency Loan Program Brochure.